Well, the last full week of April wound up being a bit of a flop:
+1,074 words written (blogging).
Days writing: 2 out of 7.
Days revising: 0 out of 7 for total minutes.
Daily Writing Goals Met (500+ words or 30 minutes of revisions): 1 out of 7 days.
Yeah, it was like that.
I guess I could say that I had life things come up, etc. Which is true, in a sense. More behind the scenes stuff is happening, but you know how I tend not to get into too many personal blog details here. Once things begin to sort themselves out, I’ll probably talk about it briefly. None of it will affect the blog, though.
Right now, I’m kind of in a situation where I’m waiting on a lot of things – some of them writing-related, some work-related, some personal-related. There was one point last Tuesday where I was waiting on at least five different people to contact me about various things. I told my wife about that and she said “Welcome to the club.” (She runs her own consultancy firm.)
Also, I’ve gotten to a point where I’m in the lagging part of revising some projects. That is, I’m looking at them and sighing because I’m not quite sure where to go with them, or at least, what the next step should be.
Anyway, since I’ve spent longer on this than I intended, let’s get into Random Notes.
- Quick update on where I am with writing projects:
- The Holy Fool – now in “pre-publication.” That’s about as specific as I can get for now, but I will update everyone as soon as events merit it.
- The American Nine – In second draft format, with at least two deeper revisions pending. Due to my need to keep the draft under 100,000 words, I think I have ideas for two other books that would make this a trilogy.
- We Can Be You… – finished looking over the rough draft and making cuts to overly long scenes. The rough draft is now somewhere around 30,000 words – I’m now considering finishing it and shooting for a 90,000- word manuscript, with other material that was part of the book being part of two later sequels.
- I want to thank everyone who has been visiting my blog recently, especially those that visiting this recent post. It’s nice to see people visit – feel free to comment as well.
- In case you are wondering, the Volume I posts involving the Writer’s Biographies cover my life as a kid getting interested in writing, and Volume II includes my time as a younger writer, before the recent revival and production of my interest in writing. If there is a Volume III to those Biography pieces, those would cover what has happened with my writing in recent years. However, I think there might be at least a couple Volume I and Volume II posts left to write, too. [EDIT: I have created a new category, Biography, on the right-hand side of the blog. All of the Writer’s Biography posts can be found there.]
- Depending on circumstances, I might be able to put together another midweek post as well as the regular journal entry.
That’s it for now. I’ll write some more later.